Idea wins my heart with their recent TVCs

by - 11:38


Reading the title, I am sure lot of my readers would think I am a user of Idea network, I am Abhishek Bachchan fan or I am paid by Idea Cellular to write this post. But none of these are true. It is just that I am awed by their marketing and to be precise their TVCs off lately.
  1. Their messaging has been so correct.  The latest ad when a child exchanges the mobile handset of his parent is an example how busy we have got in our lives to understand a relationship.


  2. Honey bunny evolved nationally with the tune going viral and people singing or humming. Some were irritated some just loved it but all were hooked to it as it was always on TV. 

  3.  
  4. Even the Valentine ad was a perfect example. The way the old lady says ‘Ek flower 20Rs ka, isse achcha toh cauliflower le aate” with a message Idea can change your life. Though this ad made me think a lot about the amount of energy, time and money spent to create this TVC for playing it only for one day! However, I am sure that we admire their festive one day ads like Christmas, Diwali and Eid with a social message - Har tyohar manana chahiye!


  5. Some of the Abhishek Bachchan ads with Social causes were also appreciated a lot. It had a humour with a strong message in them. They subtly promoted ‘What an Idea sir jee’. And those ads were Save Paper, Walk when you talk, over population and keep IPL clean.


I am a different network brand user and will remain till I am satisfied with their service. This blog is surely my appreciation of the strategist in their marketing department and off-course the creative agency. 
They have definitely shown how to capture minds of their audience. Now, the whole story is "How is this leading to their market share & business growth". I have my doubts because all the TVCs promote their brand tag line and not the feature, products or benefits, but I will let my doubts free for now..



You May Also Like

0 comments